|General Comments About The Route & Safety
|01. Always remember that we are on public 2-lane roads. YOU are ultimately responsible for your own vehicle and your own safety.
02. If you are ever uncomfortable with your pace or the pace of other Miatas around you, pull over and drop to the back of the group.
03. There are very few turns on this route, so it is virtually impossible to get lost. That said, always try to keep the Miatas in front and behind in your sights.
04. The pace of the event leader will be sporting, but safely within the capabilities of his Miata and skill set. If you enjoy this pace line up in the first group.
05. If you enjoy a touring pace, line up accordingly in the second group.
06. Our route may contain unexpected hazards. We will slow to 45mph through the campground, and take the first 180° turn after the bridge more slowly for hikers.
07. Areas near cliffs may contain road debris. Plan accordingly. We may encounter bicyclists, both in our direction and oncoming. Deer have been seen as well.
08. Areas in the shade may be wet and afford less traction. Caltrans has been known to use sand in some sections.
09. Passing other vehicles... The leader will NOT attempt to pass slow vehicles, even where passing is allowed (there are just too many of us to allow a safe pass). As
frustrating as this may be, we will always wait until they pull over to make a pass.
10. At the Soda Canyon Store, feel free to purchase coffee or a snack. We will be there for about 30 minutes. Park on the far (north) side of the store.
11. Please observe the posted speed limits on Silverado Trail and SR128 near Lake Hennessey, as we have observed Napa Sheriff vehicles citing OTMs.
12. Radios... If you have a family radio and you want to hear comms between the leader and the sweep, tune it to channel 15. There will also be loaners available.
13. If you need to contact me on the morning of the run please use my cell number above.
14. Enjoy! The weather will be perfect, and neither the 49ers nor the Raiders will lose the Super Bowl this year.